Lost, Stray or Unwanted Animals

KittyThe Humane Society strongly urges pet owners to continue to care for their pets, but in emergencies we may be able to assist. If you need to make use of the shelter facilities, please call us to see what can be done. You may be put on a waiting list for an empty kennel.

Our shelter is always full, so we cannot open our doors to every animal in our county. Pet owners must realize that we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find a good home for their unwanted pets, even though we devote most of our resources to this effort.

If you capture a stray animal, or lose your pet, we urge you to call the shelter immediately or complete our lost animal form. We have assisted many owners in recovering their pets in Greene County. The best way to ensure that you will find your lost pet is to have a personalized tag attached to the pet’s collar, with your name and telephone number on it. To get an order blank for a personalized tag, go to any pet shop or veterinarian, or come to our shelter.

If you see a stray dog in the same area for several days, but you are unable to trap or secure it, please call the Dog Warden at (724) 451-8278. Only dogs are captured, and this is the job of the Dog Warden.

[button size=”medium” bgcolor=”green” href=”https://www.greenepet.org/lost-animal-form/”]Lost Animal Form[/button]

We Are Now Open By Appointment Only

We wanted to offer a reminder that we are still operating on an appointment basis and are closed to the public (aside from scheduled visits).  If you are interested in adopting, we ask that you please fill out the application that is on our website, send it to us and then we will schedule a day and time for a visit.  Thank you for your continued support and understanding.